Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Writers Block..."Love?uest"



I was SUPPOSED to be on vacation from this thing. But I had enough of Denise's bullying. So she kicked my ass back on the blogs. But I'm consistently writing now, mos definite. 
Cool fact: A restaurant/bar/hotel in West Hollywood called Palihouse, has a drink in thier bar called "Writers Block". What a coincidence! I don't really know why it's called so, and neither do I know if it relieves Writers Block, but hey, It's a pretty cool drink name. I guess because they cater to alot of writers and producers, agents and some execs. Ingredients: vodka, fresh lime juice, apple, cucumber, muscat sparkling wine for a good 11$. wow. haha. The doorkeeper of the place commented on the dress code and she said "Look Sharp, everyone has a nice handbag. I see alot of black". BLACK MEMO, we're good to go. haha. Okay, let's go in. 

I was flippin' through my old psych textbook from my first year of college, and there was a small part on Erik Eriksons theory on Psychosocial Development. He just outlines how peoples thought and action in our lives develop through age. It's pretty cool, unlike some wierd theories like how man evolved from monkeys(haha), Eriksons theory is meaningful, and really helpful in finding out about life and the lessons we learn. 
One of the stages he explains in the battle we face between intmacy and isolation. By the time we reach our young adulthood(soon to be arjel) we should have some thought on our choices from being with someone or not. As we get older, we sort of see people filter through different funnels, some people decided to have a serious 4 year relationship during college, some party thier hearts out and hook up with a million people. We've probably learned that it's good to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle. That's what this battle is about. A balance of intimacy and isolation makes love possible. I believe that we all have to know what it's like to be alone, to learn how to truly love. I don't think that dating woman after woman, is ever going to teach me the levels of love. I'll probably learn a couple tricks, if you know what I mean, but if we abuse intimacy, and we're left with nothing, it's a straight fall to the deepest depth of isolation. 
We have to have some sort of eagerness for intimacy, and although some people are blessed with the gift of singleness, most of us aren't, and we'll never know love if we make ourselves distant from it. 
In the end it all comes down to balancing these two, finding a middle, so that this no longer has to be a battle between the two, rather than a truce. It's just like any old ancient recipe for anything, you can't have too much nor too little. It's gotta be just right. - God is Love

1 comment:

Rm said...

sorry,

this is randz haha...

i read a lotta blogs, and this one really stood out to me. 4th paragraph...i've never viewed it as a blessing. thanks