Monday, January 26, 2009

Wriers Block..."Universal Love Control"




I've been a subscriber of the New York Times for a couple years now, and everyday I get a slew of emails form the paper. I don't really pay attention to the emails, because I go on the site anyway, and the emails just remind me to go on. This morning I got curious with the emails and I read an article by Matthew Parker. He writes the "modern love"  columns in the paper and it's pretty dope because he is actually an ex-convict and spent almost 8 years in prison. However, got his B.A. in English and is a really dope columnist. Anyway, he wrote a more personal column today and told a story about his life, which was only two online pages long but felt as if it were as long as a movie. His story was about how he met a girl from Colombia, and has been visiting her for the past year or so, and he tells about his struggle with patience and how she(Gerenith is her name) is strong to hold her values about "i love you's" and sex, and marriage. All 3 things are considered different by many people, cultures, ages. 
Generith is probably the dopest chick ever, even though I don't even know her or even seen her, but her Patience and her firmness in love flys out my screen and hits me in the heart. Still she's hasn't uttered the words "I Love You" to Matthew, and still they've never had sex, and she was even furious to Matthews proposal for marriage. Young people and even older people rush into these things as if it were something they need to check of thier "To Do" list. Our culture and our beliefs play a small role in our ability to wait, or rush into these things. It's our take on Patience and Trust that make all the difference in our relationships with the opposite sex. No matter how much Matthew coaxed Generith into spending the night with him or asking her to marry him she always replied with a firm "No". "We're not ready" she said again and again. The more frustrated he got with her, the more she cared for him. When she got angry at him for asking her to marry him so he could bring her to america she answered "Marriage isn't just a legal document...it is a joining of our hearts". I know it's corny and all that but it's true. 
Love has lost all meaning in todays world. Or rather, noone knows the meaning of Love. I know Love takes Time. Time from our Life. Time we need Patience. Trust to Love. So if we take Time in our Life to Learn how to Trust, be Patient and not rush, then we'll know how to Love. I don't know much about it, but I know that God is Love. The more I seek God, the more I know how to really, really, Love. Cause God is our everything, and our everything is Him. - God is Love. 

Here's the Link to Matthew Parker's article if you're interested....MODERN LOVE(just click on it)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well.. it's like I knew!