Monday, December 29, 2008

Writers Block..."Gift"


A-O. I got pretty much 2 days left in this country and I'm a bit excited seeming that y'know I've been homesick and stuff. I promised a "flygirl", don't worry, you'll get it. haha. There's alot of things to say about the Philippines, but I guess I'll just leave that for later. Stores to check out in the Philippines..."Artwork"(picture above), "Team Manila", "People are People", "Folded and Hung"...dope stuff. Let's get into it...

Being here, I thought I'd have alot to write about, alot of thinking to myself, and some new perspective gained. I learned about the life here in the Philippines just on my first day, and in turn I gained perspective on how I could improve the way I live in Vancouver. I don't think I really write any profound, mind-BLASTING, "no not mind blowing, it's BLASTING"(russell peters) things or whatever but I thought I'd be blogging everyday about random stuff all the time. At times, I sort of force myself to write to get myself out of an actual writers block, and I did some things like read my bible and sit outside, eat, play tetris, things that usually get me thinking. haha. Yeah, eating. Today, I went back to look at my original, first ever weblogs. On xanga! chyea. I looked at the amount and consistency of the entries, and holy smokes, did I ever write alot. At that time, I was on my church hype, young, 15 years old, youth leading and such. Man, those were the days right rangers? The content of what I wrote about was open, and Christ-based. I always try and keep that Christian sense in all my entries, but my xanga stuff was straight bible verses, like I could teach a whole lesson with my blog. haha. I'm not saying that I want to go preach my stuff now, but I found that inspiration to write consistently through the verses of a chapter. My target was different then. I was blogging for myself. 
I want to blog for you. For ya'll, viewing my stuff, taking the time to read my long entries, I write for you. I talk to all of you, and I figure out something to write for you guys, maybe I can encourage you, open minds a little bit. My target is different, but where my aim comes from has to be from the place I orginally found it, and I hope, with this new target and old aim, that I could hit you, that much deeper. 
Thanks to ya'll who read my blog, it doesn't have a cool layout, or fancy bolded italic emphasized writing or anything, or, music that plays right away when you view my page. But figure this a "gift blog". The blog is my card. The gift, is whatever you take out of this.

To reader, 

I hope you like my gift. I didn't know what to get, but I hope it fits you. Happy Reading. 

From, 
Donnel

-God is Love


1 comment:

A Therese said...

Thanks for the gift the Donnel, from the bottom of my heart