Sunday, December 21, 2008

Writers Block..."Born and Raised"

My first blog in another country. woooh. haha. If ya'll don't know I'm in the Philippines. I finally got my aunts internet connected to my laptop, now I feel more, internet free. It sucks though, cause when I lok at the time on my laptop it shows vancouver time, and I know none of you guys are awake when I'll be blogging, or even on the computer. cause right now, it's 11:36pm. When I go back there, I'll actually, be travelling back in time. HAHA. Just a couple things to get out the way, ?itch, get out the way, get out the way, for those people who I promised Jordans. Most of you won't get them, just because I've been spending all my money buying my cousins here stuff. And because my aunt thinks that I'm gonna get robbed when I got to Greenhills, where all the fake ?hit is. I mean, I'd jump me too if I saw myself walking around with REAL clothes and SHOES and a dslr around my neck. I'm still promising a crap load of those plastic balloons. hahaha. In about 20 minutes it'll be my fourth day here and I'm glad times passing by pretty quick, cause I'm homesick like crazy. I shouldn't be though, I'm in the fricken HOT ASS SUN, and not in the blistering storm over there in vancity, and this is my REAL home, I guess you could say. But let's get into some thought shall we?
I got here around 10am on a humid December 19th. I didn't really know what to expect, mainly cause I haven't been back in 8 years and I don't really remember anything else besides my Lola's house. The culture and the city has changed the last time I was here. My family had mad renovations at my grandparents house, it's still the same outside but on the inside, they have nice tiles and painted walls, refurnished kitchen, and they've long retired the water pump and the manual flushing toilet. Sure, they don't have hot water but I mean, air-conditioning is more than enough. I don't live in the richest neighbourhood, or even the dopest villa in my town, as you can probably tell by some pictures, but it sure is home. 
The two minutes I walked with my cousin from my grandparents place to the new basketball court tells me alot about how the life is here now and has always been. A couple things have changed, alot more people own cars, and nice ones actually. Makes me a little jelous of my own. Everyones got a motorcyle. Those things get you pretty accesible. One thing that hasn't changed, is how free people love thier lives here. Not once, have I thought, don't these people have work? Or, don't these poeple have school? They just live. I don't question where they get thier money, or how they make it, to me thier just living. With whatever stuff they have, and what they have, is enough to get by, because they don't need too much, and the never have too little. Some of these kids, just sit on the side of street. watching cars go by for hours. They go to thier ballin' ass malls everyday just to feel the air conditioning. They drink, everyday. There's places, there's nightlife that Vancouver hasn't even seen, that Vancouver will never see. I wish I could live this life back in Vancity. But no, it's school errrday, then straight to work. 
I look at my family, and I see them look at me, their faces curious of me and the english that blurts out my mouth. My grandparents just sit near me, all the time, as I type this entry into my itouch notepad outside thier little bodega, they sit in front, watching me, not talking to me at all, and when I look up at them, they're already smiling, laughing even. I went to church today, and the pastor was talking about giving. I asked for a glass of coke, and my Lola told my cousin to go buy two litres of coke at the store for me. Of course, my grandparents want to cater to me all the time, and feed me 8 meals a day, but I should be giving back to them just as much as they've given to me. Walking through that alley, and seeing my grandma's face and feeling my grandpa's fist on forehead, sitting here, typing out this entry, while they watch me, is all that they want me to give. I'll sit beside them in silence, typing out entries all day if that fixes a smile on my Lolo's face. - God is Love

2 comments:

MLV said...

This is what I was talking about.
I know that God's got a million things to show you over there.
Keep listening.
Pass my hug to Tita (again).
Take care, I love you.

ckp said...

That whole ending part.. thats so cute :) i'm glad your enjoying yourself over there, and that your family is enjoying having you over there.

fyi: the snow here ( well in surrey) is covering half of the fire hydrant thats standing in front of my house right now. TAKE IN AS MUCH SUN BEFORE YOU GET BACK!