Monday, December 22, 2008

Writers Block..."Everday Season"



I beleive it's my 5th day here, and honestly, I really want to go home. I don't care if it's a blizzard over there, the only reason why I want to come back is because of YOU GUYS! Shoot, I was going to write a friend blog, but I realized there's too many of you guys and I know most of you don't like to read long blogs that's why I try to keep it short these days, but expect a inbox message from me by christmas. 
It's hot like the blog in this mutha. Yeah, I got something to say today...
I'm mutha?uckin homesick. 7am here, is 3pm in Vancity, but the day before. I close all the lights in my room and open up my laptop and I feel like in Vancouver again. I know some of ya'll would say, "Don't be homesick, you're in the Philippines, enjoy your stay cause its fricken cold over here". I think I'm losing my dancing abilities over here cause noone dances apparently and noone likes hiphop. I review Symphony #1 in my room sometimes. haha. 
That's not what I had to say...
It's getting close to CHRISTmas and stuff, and I didn't feel the holiday cheer over there, and I'm sure as hell not feeling it over here. I've never spent it here before but people who have can testify that it's a pretty joyous occasion. Moreso over here than there. I don't even really like Santa, presents, buying presents, candy canes and christmas carols. It's all fun and stuff, cause usually I'd get like an extra paycheque calculating the amount of aunts and 20 dollar bills I get. 
Holidays are there not only because it was set in stone a million years ago, but it creates an ambience and feeling and purpose to go buy presents for all your friends, give out heart-shaped candies with corny phrases on them, be thankful for things that you have. Just like Christmas and Valentines Day, and Thanksgiving, I wish people felt as they did on these holidays all year 'round. If everyday was Christmas, everyone would have the heart of a giver, if everyday was valentines day, love would really be, in the air, if everyday was thanksgiving, then nothing would be taken for granted. I ask myself sometimes, why don't I ever give a gift to my friends on March 7th? Or, July 15th? Why don't I go miles for my significant other on February 22nd? 
God is Love...every single day of the fricken year. I'm not asking for ya'll to go buy rockband and diamond earings every day for your friends, or take your girfriend or boyfriend to a far off destination and honeymoon it all the time, but it's little, thoughtful things, year-round, is what's going to keep Christmas cheer, all year. Some people say that they'd want Christmas to be everyday, so, then why isn't it? - God is Love

6 comments:

Stacy Ticne said...

miss you :)

MLV said...

December 23rd. I'd take you to the Quay.

?onnel said...

That would be the greatest place right now.

MLV said...

Next to being there with you.

ckp said...

If it was christmas every day , then..

iduno

come back soon. lets shesh, and get you back in shape ;)

?onnel said...

i really need a sesh.