Monday, October 13, 2008

Writers Block...Real Talk

Reading my dope 365 days of devotions book (yeah, Donnel's into God and stuff, surprise surprise) I was expecting one of those Thanksgiving devotions but today was pretty cool. It's one of those messages you have to repeat over and over in your head, and once it sinks in your mind opens up to the message. 
We live in a world that's accepting. Anything goes really. Gay marriages are being allowed, morality, is relevant, truth is too complicated to pin down, and committment is defined on our current moods, people talking about there are different ways to "God". "Tolerance" is just a code word for "don't preach to me, I have no intent on changing". Some things that I'll write on my "Real talk" blog entries, are going to sound like sweet music, to the repentant ears. I'd even be surprised if some of ya'll are still reading up 'til now. To tell you the truth, this isn't one of my favorite blogs to write. It should be, really, but messages like these aren't popular to this sort of world we're tolerating. What if I told you that, you're life would be changed if you just chill with God for the rest of your life. I mean, not that stupid stuff like, thanking God when you're giving a speech or your grad write up. I mean, really chill with Him. Really get to know the guy, and know what he's done and could do for you. What if I told you bloggers that blog about the stress' and flaws in your lives that you'd never have to blog about those things or think about them any longer? Be dope right? What if I told you that all you need to do, is make a choice and live your life beside God, and just chill with Him. I stand firm in my words, 'cause I chill, and I stand with God. I'm not trying to decieve you, and coax you into knowing what "real talk" is about, and what the "real truth" is in this world, and in your life. If you've read up to now, you're one step closer to chillin' with God. God's truth is the only water that quenches thirst and the only bread that is filling...- God is Love 

No comments: