Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Writers Block...Eustress

So I learned there's this kind of stress that's suppose to be good for you. Stress, good for you, I know. It's called "eustress". The "eu" part coming from the word Euphoria, or Euphoric, meaning being in a state of complete and utter hapiness. How is it possible that someone can be, happy, being stressed? Think about all the things that make you stress out. School, your boyfriend, or girlfriend maybe, your parents, work, just some of the main things that people stress about. Where is the hapiness in all those people and things that we stress about? 
I think that stress has some deciding factors that could turn your bad stress into good stress. Depending on the situation, for example, stressing about a test, is good, because it'll make you study hard, if you didn't stress about the test than you wouldn't study as hard, but I guess some of you would for you brains out there. I think the amount of stress you carry or dispell has something to do with your attitude, and a little bit of your self-esteem. If you thing very negatively, the stress of studying for a test might discourage you form studying hard because you keep hammering away that you're going to fail. 
The 2nd day class, my teacher gave me this paper, that had a quote from Charles Swindoll. I'm not sure if I already blogged about this, but I believe it's the story of my current life. He says "Life is 10 percent, the events that happen  to you, and 90 percent how you react to it". You're attitude towards people, and events, play a big role in the outcome. It may see like I went a little bit off topic, but I'll finish it off quick, don't worry...
I know it sounds corny, but if you maintain a positive attitude, then most of your life will be positive. Look at things in different lights, don't restrict yourself to your narrow vision, step back and look at the bigger landscape. The only way you'll study hard for that test, is if you keep up the attitude that you need to study, so you may recieve a great mark. For you hypees out there, working at your dead end jobs, wash those dishes, fold them clothes, and think, on your payday, those new Jekel and Hyde Dunks will be yours. Keeping that attitude, will lessen your dread of work, and better work shit out with your significant other. It's not going to end up good if both of ya'll are stressin' bad. So pretty much, it's your attitude that determines your reaction to stress, and your reaction to stress determines whether it'll be good or bad. So pretty pretty much, Good attitude, React well, Eustress. So go get stressed. - God is Love 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME. OCTOBER 18th. 19 years of age. Don't ask me to buy liquor.

No comments: