Monday, June 9, 2008

my new thinking spot...


I think most people do their best thinking outside of their homes. My friend Jp thinks of all his choreography on the bus. My other friend, makes the craziest drawings staring at a white wall. Just by a feeling, one friend can write poems about places she's never been, but still make it sound like she's been living there for her whole life. Me, I write. Or I type. I think. and I type. But it's not as out there or astounding as my some of my friends. I'm your a-typical blog-writer. Starbucks is where I write. or type. I think, everywhere. I walk, blocks and blocks and blocks of Vancouver, rain or shine, until, I've come up with a million unrelated thoughts that I can somehow compile in one blog. So I'll start from the beginning... 
Today's my cousin's birthday. He's 20. 20. 20. WE grew together and he's only a year older than me. When I signed on to my Facebook at 2 am this morning I saw his name on the sidebar of todays birthdays. For a good 20 minutes I thought about all the stuff that me and him used to do when we were little kids growing up. We used to kick it everyday, if not every weekend, every summer. Some things you just grow out of, like sleep overs and watching WWF. Now, that's turned into, talking about university, and how we don't get enough sleep, girlfriends, and going to the clubs. We used to play ball, we probably played 40+ one on one games with each other. We kept a record. He's beating me 25-20. Something like that. Both of us haven't even touched a basketball in over a year. I'm not saying that I'd like to go back to when we were 14-15 again. I would not want to go back that far, haha. I think our adult lives are going to go a little differently. Sure my family, my cousins, aunts and uncles are always gonna be around, but how close-knit we are is what separates us from other big families. 
Since I am now jobless, I have a lot of time to do a bunch of other semi-useless things to do with myself. Looked up some volunteering opportunities, thinking about kids help phone, or one of those disabled helper person guys people. That's pretty much it right now that I'm interested in. 
So I got this bible study thing going on now, trying to work up to a worship night. I think I'm going to be teaching today I don't really know. But I guess I'm pretty prepared. 
School school school school school school. Sorry, that was just a reminder for myself. haha. 
New upcoming rapper from DC. Wale. he's most known for his song "Nike Boots" and "Back in the Go Go". Watch out for him, he's pretty underground right now, but download his stuff. He's not your typical rapper, I don't really know what genre to put him in. He's got a good feel though, his beats are really instrumental, not a lot of synths and fake sounds, haha. He's really lyrical, so don't expect his songs to have one sentence repeated through the whole song. He sort of sounds like one of those gangster freestyler guys but he's not. He's really cool, got a really good flow. You won't get bored. Download his mixtape called "mixtape about nothing" 
Youtube Video. Well, I only really watch youtube to watch dance videos so if you're interested go watch "The Company Body Rock 2008". That is some crazy shiiii. Also, go to todaysbigthing.com if you want to watch some really cool odd videos. 
GO to the new Starbucks inside Granville Station. They're really dope and they have FREE WIRELESS internet. Everyone likes to talk and I'm sure they'd make you a regular. I am. haha. 
I guess that's all for this afternoon, I got to prepare my lesson.- God is Love. 

No comments: