Saturday, June 14, 2008

Love is... Him


As a christian. The consistent problem we face is anxiety. Ironically, one of the most consistant messages in the Bible is for us not to be anxious. Sort of contradictary. Or does it make perfect sense? God commands us, not to be anxious, not to worry, not to be afraid, and to be courageous is so consistent for a fact that being fearful, being afraid is one of our worst problems. 
Why is God so concerned with out level of anxiety? Proverbs 12:25 says "an anxious heart weighs a man down...". Anxiety is a heavy burden, and it will cripple us from doign God's will and enjoying HIs presence, When we become absorbed in the threats of our difficulties, we aren't absorbed in God. We fear the things that seem to steal our lives away and we are placing them on a higher pedastol than the one who gives us life. God does not want us to be wieghed down, He does give us many responsibilities but he does not burden us with them, Jesus is our Burden Bearer, Aslong as we stress over our problems, we aren't letting God deal with them for us. HIs strength, while bearing the wieght of our lives, is our strength. Give it all up to Him, everything, and you'll bask in His glory. 
I can't think and ponder on my problems, and all the wrong things that i've done and the people that I've let down. I can't stress about my future, my school, my friends, my life. I want to be with Him. I want to feel His presence. I can't feel Him if I'm hiding in the tunnel of my problems. Everything. Everything is in His hands. I will not let myself dissappointment Him. I can't take care of myself, I need Him to back me up. 
To the one that I've taken for granted. A sorry isn't enough. But I know He's going to take care of us both. It kills me that I can't be there, because right now, I'm not good for you, for anything. I can't hope that God's going to bring us back together, But I can hope that God will bring you back. I'll always be thinking of you in my prayer, and always wonder what you're up to, and even if we don't cross paths, atleast I know that He's got you on the right one. 
"Love is kind when the world gets cold, Love stays strong when fight get's old, Love's a shoulder to lean on, Love is You. Love is like the water when well runs dry, Quench my thirst, keep me alive, Love is You" - Chrisette Michelle. Maybe one day I'll understand what that really means. And I could show you. All I know that Love is, is Him. - God is Love.