Thursday, June 10, 2010

Think of yourself for once



It may be that I’m just straight up scared of my parents for the most part.. but for some reason my mother had convinced me that I need to start being a bit more selfish. Really? 
“Think about yourself for once” 
Maybe selfish was a strong word but, really? Think of myself for once? I still don’t agree with what she had said even though her points were fair and valid. I guess I had forgotten about myself, because I had given all of myself to my work, to my church, to other people. I didn’t notice I had been rockin’ the same clothes for the past 4 months. I didn’t notice the holes in my wife beaters and my worn in jeans. I guess I didn’t notice most of my paycheques went to my homies gas money or makin’ sure a homie had food in his/her mouth. I guess I didn’t notice I was the only one packin’ a meal when I would go and chill instead of eatin’ out with the rest of ‘em. I guess I had forgotten my value by making other people valuable. I guess. 
I let myself go, by lettin’ myself, go. 
I don’t see it as a bad thing, not really. 
But, I do need some new jeans, that’s f’sho. - God is Love 

No comments: