Sunday, March 21, 2010

Clean Living..."My Jackets name is Paul, My Lighters name is Ruby"



Life is big. We know all that. We'll never understand it. We should, all know that. Everyones a critic. Everyones a label whore. A friend asked me "What if, we went around naming everything? like, naming your jacket "Paul" or something". I sort of laughed but later on realized the ideation of their thought. Humans being humans, label things. To better understand what we're trying to figure out. It's human nature. We refer to things in "that's like" terms. Not "it is". Most of the time we don't recognize things as individuals, something of it's own. It's always "like" something else. I could make a sculpture, painting, write a song etc. but however amazing it may be, my art is always going to be dumbed down to be below or "like" something else.
Back to the whole naming your jacket "Paul" thing. We don't always have to comparisons even if there are similarities. For once I'd like people to be recognized for who they are and not who they're like. People are different, even if they do the same things. My jacket, named Paul. It's an American Apparel Jacket. How many people do you think have it? If I saw some other person wearing that jacket, instead of thinking thier jacket is like mine. I'm going to say..."Hey, my jackets name is Paul, what's yours?" - God is Love  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i believe it was a polo named "paul," but jacket's good too :)

?onnel said...

Polo, Paul. Shoulda caught that one! Thanks..anonymous..pft. ha.

Anonymous said...

i without a doubt adore your own writing choice, very useful,
don't give up and also keep writing for the simple reason that it just good worth to read it.
excited to find out additional of your posts, thanks ;)

Anonymous said...

the OG anonymous:

BUT OF COURSE! IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW! hahah... that was me tryna funny. it's nice to know you can blog about some of the lame jokes that come out of my mouth :)