Saturday, March 27, 2010

Clean Living..."Keepin' the Faith"

This ones for the, anonymous. 
Oh goodness how I miss my rat-tail. Anyway, this is me comin' out of the water after some baptism bidnesss. Drowned some foo's for the lord, aswell as myself. 


 Who are you? Who am I? We can only tell so much about a person by that question. If someone were to come up to me and ask me..."Hey, Who are you?". Some of the things I'd say would be, "I'm a, health care worker", "I'm Donnel" 


Then that man would look at me, knods his head..


The misconceptions about my faith, I'll never be able to escape. Aslong as I'm here, I need us to understand this. I could get a million piercings all over my body, grow a rat-tail down to my ass, say "ass", but that only takes you as deep as my armpit when it comes to who I am. Who we are. 
During the 2010 Olympics, for 17 days, everyone in the city forgot about what racial background they are, what age they were etc. All that out the window because we were "Proud to be Canadian". Walking down the street, high fiving whomever was rockin' olympic gear, crosby jersey or just wearing red. Everyone identified eachother as Canadian, no matter what skin tone you are. When we get to heaven, that's what it's going to be like...
God isn't going to split us up and say "Okay Catholics over here, Protestants over here, Lutherans over there.." ...Nope. Those denominations only take us as deep as our armpits. 


The man asks me, "so then What are you? What do you believe?" 
"I believe in God, Jesus Christ" I answered. 


When it comes to God, it's not about the differences in how we worship him, it's not about what's right and who's wrong. It's solely about our personal relationship with Him. It's easy to say we believe in Him, but what matters is do we believe, in Him. All those titles, your name, your job, your belief will all fade away. All that's left is what's in your heart. Is He in there? 


The man looks at me and knods his head, shakes my hand and walks away. 
I hope that answers your questions, there is no difference between me and you...- God is Love

5 comments:

A Therese said...

<3 how many Anonymous' did you dedicate this too? defs would be one of 'em.

A Therese said...

*to

?onnel said...

haha, I guess whoever reads this would be an anonymous. ha. so, everyone really.

leanza said...

Amen brothuh, brothuh,

Unknown said...

Shooot. I commend you.