Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pursuit of Joyfulness


Anyone can be happy. Anyone can be unhappy. Happiness is a pick-me-up in our lives. It's good, if we're always happy. I mean, that's great. People always talk about the pursuit of their happiness but I don't think that's what we should be chasing. God believes in our everlasting joy. Yeah, there's a difference. Joy is, forever. It's understood that we can't always be happy with everything that happens in our lives. But joy, joy is what keeps us content. Joy is what's going to pull us through. People ask me.. Donnel, why are you so happy? I tell them I'm not, I'm not happy, I'm joyful. The reason why I feel like I have enough is because I'm joyful. Because whether or not I have a job, or whether or not my life is going in the direction I'd like it to go.. I'm confident in my prayers that this is what His plan is for me. I may not be happy when I look in my empty wallet or I didn't get that one big break but I'm joyful, still. I'll take my chances and seize my opportunities. They might all be successful, they might all be a failure. I guess, the point I'm trying to make is, that we shouldn't be in pursuit of happiness when we aren't, We should be in search of the joy in what we have in our lives. What we have left after all the successes and failures, is what's going to pull us through. - God is Love

No comments: