Thursday, December 17, 2009

Conversation with Rufio..."Thimbles and Cushions"

"Do you know what a kiss is?"

I entered my family party and I go around the living room with thimbles and cushions prepared for all my aunts and grandparents. To me, it's a gesture of respect.

I entered practise and go around the studio with thimbles and cushions in my shoes for all the others that will squeak in unicen as we dance on the floor. To me, it's a gesture of union.

I entered a basement and drifted through the circles with thimbles and cushions mixed in with a soft drink for the people who make my life a summers more exciting. To me, its a gesture of friendship.

I entered an office and opened my laptop with thimbles and cushions to a dream turned reality for a family that's not lead but leads. To me, it's a gesture of trust.

I entered a restaurant and pulled out a chair with thimbles and cushions in my pocket for a game of chance and destiny. To me, it's a gesture of hope.

We place levels of significance on things like hugs and kisses. A kiss might be personal, a kiss might be social. A hug might be friendly, a hug might be, a start. Sometimes they're misunderstood, sometimes they get lost in complication. Why can't it ever simply, just be, thimbles and cushions. Do I know what a kiss is? Well, I guess I'll know once I'm given one. - God is Love

3 comments:

leanza said...

wooooooooord.

A Therese said...

<3 this

Anonymous said...

Brim over I to but I dream the post should prepare more info then it has.