Saturday, November 14, 2009

Conversations with my Closet..."Going Somewhere?"

Ever have those days where you're not really going anywhere, but you feel liek you do. You feel like you're going to see someone but your phone hasn't rung all morning. Peep the scenario...It's a beautiful day, atleast for Vancouver, anything that's not raining is beautiful. It's an odd hour, 2:15 in the afternoon or something like that, sort of an odd time to leave the house, a little bit off you're regular time but you get ready anyway. Open up your closet and there's 50 or so hangers and you still feel like there's nothing to wear. Try on your favorite pair of jeans hoping a default outfit would suffice but even those don't feel right. So you put on a pair of pants you haven't worn in a while hoping that it will provide some refreshment in your choice for an outfit. You go on the computer for a bit, watch some family channel in the outfit that you think you're going to wear. After a couple looks in the mirror, some pointless strides through the house you're back standing in the middle of your room in your undergarmets. There's that feeling where you actually feel like your putting thoughts in your head, and everything is all over the place. But one thing that's stood still is your current comfortability of you in your underwear. A song you like plays on your iPod and it's back to the closet, out the door, and into nowhere, into, everywhere, for no reason at all.

My parents used to tell me not to leave the house unless I had somewhere to go, that was important. I obviously never listened and I'd get up in the morning as if I had a 9-5 or a class to be in, throw on a nice shirt and my favorite pair of jeans and leave the house, honestly, with nowhere to go. More than often, I'll have these days here, that I described in the first paragraph. More than often I ignore the fact that I have nowhere to be and go out. Lately, I've been trying this hanging around the house in my underwear thing...

Why go out and kill time with plans that were never made, when we can be still and spend time with plans that are. - God is Love

1 comment:

ckp said...

I enjoy being comfortably chillaxed in just my panties. When I am at home.

Spare days are good

Good


Good.