Monday, November 23, 2009

Conversation on the Highway..."I'm On My Break"

All day I dream about, Work. The magazines, the macbook, the portfolio, the book, the projects, the films, the blog, my lifestyle.

All day I dream about, Sunday Mornings. The blueberry bagels, the clouds in my eyes, the drums, the speakers, the pastor, the Word, my God.

All day I dream about, Writing. The blogspot, the journal, the bathroom walls, the notepad, the blank pages, my First Love.

All day I dream about, Family. The parents, the grandparents, the cousins, the friends, the grandfather, the tita's, the tito's, my Foundation.

All day I dream about, Dreams. The loft, the wife, the kids, the cities, the flashing lights, the ties, the suits, the sneakers, my Future.

All day I dream about, Nothing. The one hour wait, the 5 minute walk, the 10 stations, my...Getaway.

I'll walk around the city, snapping photographs, reading my bible, writing in my journal, dodging calls from my mom, looking at the skyscrapers, walking into my office and go to work for 23 hours and 30 minutes. I'll work my ass off, so I can have that 30 minute vacation. It's crazy how 1 thing can stop your whole life, even for 30 minutes, or 30 seconds, and all that dreaming, all that work, all day, amounts to nothing, compared to your 30 minute break. I don't encourage zoning out for 30 minutes, especially if you're driving. haha, but sometimes it's good to just stop whatever it is your doing, and think, about absolutely nothing. Anyway, I gotta go on my break. - God is Love

No comments: