Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Borrow My Mind..."Faded"


I just finished reading "Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold for the second time. I don't usually read fiction novels but I really like this one. When I first saw it in the 9th grade I thought it was pretty girly, but I picked it up about a year ago and it's one of my favorite books of all time. Hopefully the movie coming doesn't fail. Anyway, let's get it in...


So what does this book have to do with my post tonight? Well, I always wondered what it would be like to be a ghost, and see everything, birds eye view, looking at the world and everything that's going on it. Not leaving a trace of where I was, or where I went. Leaving no answers, and no questions and just letting the assumptions and opinions of people make up the story of my disappearance. I mean, it sounds wierd, but I find it fascinating. I guess, ultimately, the reason why I find it so great is because everyone talks about "getting away". Even for just one day, getting away from the things that take us out of focus. If for a day or a month or a year we could make something out of the new environment we're put in, regardless if we ever come back to where we came from, not alot would have changed, besides, you. - God is Love


3 comments:

ckp said...

ahh yes good book. read it in eng12 . I'm going to watch it with christina when it comes out. dare to come with?

Belle said...

I love this! It reminds me of the boy with the purple crayon.

A Therese said...

<3 this one's one of my favs