Thursday, October 22, 2009

Borrow My Mind.."Back Problems"

I always hear a lot of young poeple complaining about back pains, or back problems. I'm guessing it's due to our generation and carrying backpacks all the time and hip hops influence on bad posture. Kidding about the last one. Presently, we don't really think about the long term effects of certain actions or activites that we use everyday. I had my WHMIS(Workplace Haszard Materials Information System) certification as module in my nursing program. It just teaches us about things to look our for in normal workplaces and most boringly teaches us about "Safe Lifting". I'm sure at every job you've had they teach about about safe lifting, since we're young we don't really think too much about "lifting with our knees" and we go on lifting and tackling and jumping and flipping because at our age our bodies are capable of wear and tear. Then we wonder why our backs are sore the next day. Our backs are the foundation of our mobility and if we don't take care of our backs we're sort of screwed. So next time you decide to gangsta lean in the whip, take into account that you won't look so gangsta when your lean in permanent. Let's not put too much stress on our backs, take some time to stretch those knots and tangles at the end or our days, and if you need someone to help you, I got your back - God is Love

No comments: