Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Rough Draft..."Can I Hold Your Hand?"



Hold your hand. Hold my hand. Holding hands. Held my hand. Held your hand. Holding your hand. Holding my hand. 

"It you know, It. The big picture. The Beatles. Look, other bands they want to make thier first single about sex or pain, but y'know The Beatles had it all figured out okay, I wanna hold your hand, thier first single, brilliant right? See that's what everybody wants, they don't want a 24 hour hump sesh, they don't want to be married to you for 100 years...They just, want to hold your hand"

Some of us don't realize the underlying significance of something as simple as holding someones hand. Think about all the moments that we have to hold someone elses hands...When we pray in a group we say "Let's all join hands", when people get married, when we're dating someone, when someone is feeling down they need a shoulder to cry on, and hand to hold. We hold hands to represent unity. When we shake our homies hands for that couple seconds, we're holding eachothers hands, to represent our unity and our bond with eachother. We hold hands in trust, to one another, whether it be during a scary movie or grabbing onto spider mans hands when dangling off the side of a building. Some of us don't really think about how holding someones hand, can change or reassure, or comfort people. Sometimes, all we really need, is to hold someones hand. 

So just, hold my hand will'yuh? - God is Love

9 comments:

Mean Mike said...

That's a dope post man.

Jessa Ramos said...

:)

A Therese said...

you always seem to speak my mind. Mucho love to ya

jaelardiz said...

Yes you can... if I ever get out of the house. Ha!

?onnel said...

Thank you's!

Mean Mike said...

haha no man! don't even think about it being you fault, it was all me. you know it!

lanie said...

hehehe :$ i like this. that quotes from nick and norah's right? i was just watching that movie!

AUBstacle said...

remember
when you told
me that I could
only go downstairs
if I agreed to hold
your hand lol and then
you recited this blog to me aha aw...

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!