Thursday, March 12, 2009

Rough Draft..."Say What's Real"



Disagree with me or not but I believe Soulja Boy is currently one of the greatest artists of this generation. Hate on his music if you will, but you can't take away the fact he made 10 million dollars on "Crank Dat", a song that he made on the free demo version of FL studio. I have that demo version of FL studio, and I don't have 10 million dollars in my bank. Every artist out there deserves some respect, even it's someone like Soujah Boy. They got signed for a reason, and maybe that big record company pressure and molding has got them to shadow some of their great talent, then it's not our right to critiscize thier music. 
I believe most hip-hop heads these days have preconcieved notions on what hip hop is. Kanye West couldn't have said it better on "The Wake Up Show" when he stated that people try and put rules on hip hop, that true hip hop has to be this and that, when hip hop in the first place was all about breaking the rules. Sure, maybe Flo-Rida isn't as lyrical as Black Thought, but that doesn't take away his ability to rhyme or his talent. So I just want to give respect due to all those mainstream artists that get hate, because they make snap-yo-fingaz-booty-bouncin'-hood-hoppin-chain-blinging music, because even if thier music sounds like crap to you, the artist isn't. If you ask me, Hip Hop's always been alive, it's us that's got it in a chokehold, so let that ?hit breathe...- God is Love and I Love Hip Hop. 

2 comments:

Denise said...

r-e-s-p-e-c-t

to you!

Anonymous said...

"flava fav gets called a 'crispity, crackity coon' but he doesnt care. HES GETTING PAIIID BOOOYYEEEEE"

hahahaha