Wednesday, January 5, 2011

First of Fifteen

 


Freeze. A freeze frame of a girl telling me to freeze, and put my hands up. At least, that’s what my brain tells me. It’s funny how my brain associates this action with someone trying to stick me up. Someone trying to shoot me. Or, that this hand is replicating a gun. It could be so many other things. Like, a person counting to three with their hand out, or, an ad for someone who has arthritis and this picture is showing how they can’t do a proper “thumbs up”. I watched an episode of a show on family channel called “Life With Derek” and there was this one episode where the littlest sister was taught that Cows go “wooof” and ducks go “moooo”. What if, pointing your two fingers and sticking your thumb up at someone meant, “I Love You”. What if flippin’ off someone with a middle finger meant “Have a nice day!”. WHAT IF, I started to point my fingers replicating a gun at people while saying “I Love You”. What if I did this so much, that one day, a person who see’s this exact image decides to put this on a hallmark card. And beside all the hearts, and flowers, and pinks, and reds and riddles and jokes and candy and butterflies and kisses, there sits this image. In the middle of it all. And someone picks up this card and puts it in a bouquet of flowers and gives it to their loved one and opens the card with this image, turns their head to the person that gave it to them and says “I Love You too”. 
It’s habitual. This hand motion doesn’t have to symbolize a gun. It could symbolize anything you want it to be.
Like a person counting to 3 with their hand out, or, an ad for someone who has arthritis and this picture is showing how they can’t do a proper “thumbs up”. I watched an episode of a show on family channel....- God is Love 


PS...

My friend Due, brought up an idea of meeting up, and going into a book and picking out a word and writing about that word for 15 minutes. So we did. The next day we did the same thing, but with images. We sent each other images and for 15 minutes we wrote about what image we sent each other. This was the first image he sent me. And that, up there, is what I wrote. Enjoy. Thanks a lot to my friend Due who brought this idea up and.. Yeah, more about myself and Due's mindventures soon.

No comments: