Sunday, July 11, 2010

Still Got It



She had stopped playing playground games with me. I used to chase her down slides and 'cross monkey bars. She had stopped. She had quit for quite some time. I had kept playing. Swinging as high as I could, to try and get over. I played games like, tetherball.. hung upside down 'til my nose bled and every possible game I could play with myself. But that slide was made wide enough for two. It was getting dark, I needed to leave. And then she hit me. 
With a rock. 
They always says that when a boy hits a girl, it just means he likes her. What does it mean when it's the other way? I stared at her at the far end of the playground. She had picked up another rock, and was massaging it through her fingers behind her leg like a major league pitcher. I threw one back at her, way past her. She never flinched. She smiled. 
We swang,, we climbed, we hung. We ran, we hid. we found, each other. It was dark. I couldn't even see her face under the streetlights. I asked her, "Where did you go?".. and she said.. 
"You're it" 
We chased the moon away. And she came the next day to the playground and I asked her "What do you want to play?".. She said .. "Grounders" 
And I haven't touched the ground since. 
- God is Love