Tuesday, May 4, 2010

They're just regular people, with super powers




I wish I had super powers. The power to write a blog everyday. ha. Anyway..
The power and influence of famous people is amazing. They can claim originality to things that have been done. They can inspire millions of people with 3 and half minutes or words and melody. They can influence people to make an unhealthy choice of food just by being in a commerical. ha. Some of them, don't realize the effect they have on thousands of people. Then again, do they have to? 
I know that sounds a little selfish, but really...they're allowed to act that way. A lot of us think highly of these people as if they're "above" us. But they're not. They're just people, with a job. And nowhere in their job desription says that they have to keep up a certain public image. It's more pressure than a responsibility. Last year I posted about the whole Chris Brown/Rihanna deal on Nonducor. It raised a debate and all the arguements were proven and concise. I think it mostly comes down to the fact that Chris Brown, Celebrities, are just regular people. That make regular mistakes. That make thier own choices in life. Just like us. I really don't blame Chris, or any other celebrity that's committed a crime because that's what people do. We all make choices, some might be right and some wrong. 
I might not have the same magnitude as someone like Jay-Z but I know a kid that looked at me doing something wrong and never looked at me again. It's a choice I made, can you blame me? Better yet...can you forgive me? 
We're all just regular people, with super powers. - God is Love 

No comments: