Thursday, October 29, 2015

The Heart pt.1

Ever since my family left LHCC, my spiritual life has been in a drought. I've been so unmotivated in going to church and I just wasn't finding my place. Maybe it was just me being a snob in some way, not reaching out and not also not letting people reach me. My parents noticed and they suggested that I go ahead and find a church that was going to be more suitable for me. So I did. I even went back to LHCC. It was okay, it felt a little different. I enjoyed seeing my friends. I love seeing some of my oldest friends and people I grew up in my faith with. It's always great seeing them. But it was different. My parents decided to leave the church they were going to and moved to this brand new church. So they invited me to come. This church was bare bones. Bare bones like, the pastor was leading worship and there was an even number of people on the worship team than there was in the congregation. Unlike the bigger churches I was attending, I could easily disappear during the message and no one would notice. But with 15 people in the congregation it was more intimate and I really had no way of hiding. So I sat and listened to Pastor Rex. God really spoke to me in his message. Although, I can't remember it now. Something about the church and the message sparked a new found excitement in going to church. I'm more aware, I'm more attentive in listening to Him speaking to me. I found my heart again. I found the heart of what I am here to do. I found the heart of why I do what I do. The heart of worship. - God is Love 

No comments: