Thursday, April 28, 2011

Why I'm Not Seeing Lauryn Hill

It's, not 'cause I can't afford it. I can. Worth it really. It's not cause I'm working that day, or have something else to do or not going to be in the city. It's actually because.. I don't want to. Yeah boi, I'm crazy. Probably the one and only time she'll be in my very own backyard of downtown Vancouver, I'm not, I don't want to see her. This might sound stupid to some of you but I don't want to see her cause I'm expecting.. Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Zion - Sister Act 2 - That Thing - Just like Water - Lauryn fuggin' Hill. It might sound ignorant to say, that I want that. But she's just not the same to me. Watching her set at Coachella that my friend mentioned, was, cool. Of course. But if it's anything like what I'm going to see in my city.. If that's what she's gonna give tens of thousands of people.. what is she going to give a couple hundred. What I'm feelin' is best described in this question.. Would you rather see Michael Jordan play during his Chicago Bulls Era.. or.. with the Washington Wizards..? - God is Love
PS. Everyone who is going though, let me know how it goes! I hope ya'll have a wonderful time.


1 comment:

ckp said...

yeah didn't expect you to go, i remember you telling me you didn't think that much of her.

all good i'll tell you how it goes, and i'll try not to be biased