Thursday, December 16, 2010

"Donny"

Vic, Me, Jobair. The best homies, the illest co-worker. 

"Donnel.. is it cool if I call you 'Donny'?"
I remember that September when I moved to Burnaby from East Van, it was my first recess in the 4th grade and this dude asks me that question up there. I don't even remember saying if it was cool or not but I just ran with it. In the schoolyard, they called me "Donny". And it carried onto high school. I guess it just caught on when my dudes from elementary would call me Donny during class. And my teachers all had their little variations from Donny Brasco, Donny Darko, Donzer, Donzilla, Doneezy(Yeah, P.E. teacher came up with that one) etc. etc. It's been, I don't know, 4 years since the 12th grade.
Fast forward to now.. I walk into work, bed-headed and groggy. Put on my XL blue shirt and get on the floor. 
"Yo, Donny, can you check how much that jacket at the top is?" 
hah.. I guess God's brought me full circle. And brought me back to the place that I've missed the most. - God is Love

No comments: