Friday, October 5, 2007

forgetfully reminisient


Today was probably the most frustrating days I've had in a while. I'm a generally happy person, but today had to really thrown off my regular mood. Problem #1. I was rushing for work this morning and I forgot to do my routine check of my 3 most important things. Keys, debit card, cell phone. I forgot my cell phone. That didn't really bother me. I was fine with going back home to get it, probably was gonna go back home anyway. Problem #2. I fell asleep on the train, and I woke up right when it got to granville. In a hurry to get out of my seat, I forgot my ipod sitting on my lap. It fell to the floor and I then realized AFTER i got off the train that it was gone. So i hopped on the next train and thankfully, It was there, laying on the floor. I was then 15 minutes late for work. Problem #3. It was a very busy friday @ Starbucks Sears and they needed poeple to stay longer, so I had to stay in an extra 45 minutes over my shift to help out with the rushes. I was pretty happy getting off work, so i fell asleep on the train again and went home. Approaching my front door, I reached in my pocket to get my house keys and they were not there. I left them at work. So I went all the way back to downtown from new west to get my keys which were there. It really sucked.
But there was a light at the end of the tunnel so to speak....I went to bible study. It was cool. Finally felt the whole youth thing again. Felt good. And I thank God for the oppurtunity. I got to see my girlfriend. cute. haha.
On my way home, I see this girl walking by me in the skytrain, I checked her out. Obviously. She turned around and I looked at her, GLORIA! A friend from highschool. One that I actually talk to. We talked about how we don't see much of alot of poeple anymore, and our random run-ins with poeple in our old crew, and she gets off at New West. I see her turn around and she looks at me and screams JOBAIR! (the guy with the ak-47 on his shirt. in the picture) One of my best homeboys was coming back from his basketball game. DOUGLAS WHAT. It felt just like highschool again, Jobair and his ramadan, Gloria talking really loud when everyone everything else is quiet, Me, standing there laughing. After Jobair is done fasting, and before Gloria leaves for Ghana, we're gonna try and get the old crew together for a dinner n chill out like "back in the day". Those few minutes at and on the skytrain with those 2 made me forget about my day earlier. Seeing those two just made my day.






No comments: